My research is centered on:
- Functional and structural study of pulmonary system through regional measurements of ventilation, oxygen tension and gas diffusion with hyperpolarized 3He MRI.
- Modeling physiological processes of respiratory system.
- Design and fabrication of high precision gas mixing and administration device.
- Imaging of regional high-resolution alveolar partial pressure of oxygen in human lungs using hyperpolarized 3He depletion rate.
- Imaging of regional high-resolution fractional ventilation in human lungs.
- Comparison of imaging modalities and non-imaging tests in respiratory system.
- Registration of hyperpolarized 3He ventilation maps with chest CT-scan to decrease the chance of radiation to functional parts of lung in radiation therapy of lung cancer.
- Coordination of abovementioned human studies.