- Enhancement of polarization levels and extension T1 spin-lattice relaxation times in nuclei polarized via dynamic nuclear polarization (DNP) to facilitate mass production, transportation and storage.
- Studying the applications of 129Xe, 13C and 15N based biomarkers and contrast enhancers in magnetic resonance spectroscopy and imaging of the lungs and metabolism.
- Development of imaging techniques and pulse sequences for magnetic resonance spectroscopy and imaging of hyperpolarized biomarkers in diagnosis of pulmonary disorders and metabolically active tumors.
- Modeling dynamic nuclear polarization of xenon in solid mixtures.
- Development of imaging techniques and pulse sequences for in vivo imaging of 13C-based biomarkers.