- To support the advancement and leadership of women in academic medicine
- To promote education and research in women’s health
FOCUS SUPPORT 2012-2013
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Trustees’ Council of Penn Women
- Bertha Dagan Berman
- Patricia Kind
- Edna G. Kynett Memorial Foundation
Archived Fall Conferences
|Fall 2012||Fall 2011|
|Fall 2010||Fall 2009|
|Fall 2008||Fall 2007|
|Fall 2006||Fall 2005|
|Fall 2004||Fall 2003|
|Fall 2002||Fall 2001|
Leadership/Professional Development Programs
Successful Strategies for Women in Academic Medicine
Successful Strategies for Women in Academic Medicine, our fall leadership mentoring conference, is open to all women in academic medicine at the University of Pennsylvania: MDs, PhDs, faculty, fellows, instructors, lecturers, residents. All Penn women in any rank or track or department are welcome to attend. In addition to providing a daylong opportunity to learn from nationally renowned experts and leading women in academic medicine about professional development and career strategies, this forum also facilitates networking and mentoring relationships. Workshops are included to provide skill building opportunities on topics such as Presentation, Negotiation, Managing and Communication, Time Management, and Writing for Publication.
Date: October 25, 2013 (Friday)
Time: 8:00 AM - 3:45 PM
Location: Hall of Flags, Houston Hall
3417 Spruce Street
*Registration Fee: $20
Payment at the event (cash or check* only please).
* Please make checks payable to "Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania" and indicate in memo portion "2013 FOCUS Fall Conference."
This meeting addresses issues specific to women who have achieved promotion to the ranks of associate or full professor at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Participants explore mid-career issues, challenges, and opportunities particular to senior women medical faculty.