Research and Clinical Trials
The Division of Gastroenterology at the University of Pennsylvania is committed to the continuous improvement in the treatment of diseases of the digestive tract, pancreas and liver. Patients who participate in clinical research make such advances possible. The links below can be used to gather information about clinical trials that are currently recruiting participants.
Research in the Division covers a wide variety of clinical, translational, and basic topics in gastroenterology and hepatology. The laboratories and resources are state of the art; division researchers collaborate with other investigators across the School of Medicine and the University, and are supported by the NIDDK-sponsored Center for Molecular Studies in Digestive and Liver Diseases. Our ultimate goal is to move discoveries from the laboratory to improvements in patient care and quality of life.
The Division has a considerable amount of Cooperative Agreements that span not only within the University, but to other prominent Institutions within the country. Listed below are the Cooperative Agreements in the Division of Gastroenterology:
- U01-DK082866 - Kyong-Mi Chang - Immune Regulation and Co-Stimulation in Treatment Outcomes of Chronic Hepatitis B
- U54-CA163004 - Anil Rustgi and John Lynch (with Kenneth Wang and Timothy Wang) - Stem Cells and the Origins of Barrett's Esophagus http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/
- U01-DK083027 - K. Rajender Reddy (PI: Navarro) - Continuation and Expansion of Drug Induced Liver Network (DILIN) http://www.fnih.org/work/programs-development/dilin
- U01-DK058369 - K. Rajender Reddy (PI: Lee) - A Multi-Center Group to Study Acute Liver Failure (ALF)
- P30-DK050306 - Anil Rustgi - Center for Digestive and Liver Diseases http://www.med.upenn.edu/molecular/
- P01-CA098101 - Anil Rustgi - Mechanisms of Esophageal Carcinogenesis http://www.med.upenn.edu/gastro/nci/
Click for a listing of current Clinical Trials