Cancer Gene Panel
- Cancer Gene Panel Info Sheet
- Cancer Gene Panel Sample Requirements
- Cancer Gene Panel Sample Requirements - Prenatal
- Cancer Gene Panel Request Form
*Please open the forms in Adobe Acrobat before printing.
Billing Information and Turnaround Time
|Name of Test||Turnaround Time||Cost||CPT Codes|
|Cancer Gene Panel||4 weeks||$2,000||81479|
Sample types accepted:
- Blood in EDTA (purple top) tube, 5cc (3cc minimum); shipped at room temp.
- Bone Marrow in EDTA (purple top) tube, 5cc (3cc minimum); ship on ice to arrive within 24 hours of collection.
- Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tumor sections: 5 x 20 micron sections; ship at room temp. Do NOT place sections on slides – place sections in a plastic tube.
- Fresh frozen tissue, minimum of 10 mg; ship on dry ice.
- Cultured tissue, 2 x T25 flasks at ≥80% confluence; shipped at room temp.
- Leukemic blood in EDTA (purple top) tube; 5cc (3cc minimum) with a white count of ≥15,000 and at least 20% blasts.
Shipping Sample: Ship at room temperature via Federal Express or other overnight courier that guarantees AM delivery to arrive Monday-Friday. There is no one in the laboratory evenings and weekends to receive samples. If sample is drawn on a Friday, please refrigerate it until shipment on the following business day.
Genetic Diagnostic Laboratory
University of Pennsylvania
415 Anatomy–Chemistry Building
3620 Hamilton Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104