Cancer Gene Panel
- Cancer Gene Panel Info Sheet
- Cancer Gene Panel Sample Requirements
- Cancer Gene Panel Sample Requirements - Prenatal
- Cancer Gene Panel Request Form
*Please open the forms in Adobe Acrobat before printing.
Billing Information and Turnaround Time
*Reflex testing options: Maximum cost is listed, although our lab only bills for the services performed. Final charge may be less than listed price, but cannot be determined until the testing has been completed.
|Name of Test||Turnaround Time||Cost||CPT Codes|
|Cancer Gene Panel||4 weeks||$2,000||81479|
Sample types accepted:
- Blood in EDTA (purple top) tube, 5cc (3cc minimum); shipped at room temp.
- Bone Marrow in EDTA (purple top) tube, 5cc (3cc minimum); ship on ice to arrive within 24 hours of collection.
- Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tumor sections: 5 x 20 micron sections; ship at room temp. Do NOT place sections on slides – place sections in a plastic tube.
- Fresh frozen tissue, minimum of 10 mg; ship on dry ice.
- Cultured tissue, 2 x T25 flasks at ≥80% confluence; shipped at room temp.
- Leukemic blood in EDTA (purple top) tube; 5cc (3cc minimum) with a white count of ≥15,000 and at least 20% blasts.
Shipping Sample: Ship at room temperature via Federal Express or other overnight courier that guarantees AM delivery to arrive Monday-Friday. There is no one in the laboratory evenings and weekends to receive samples. If sample is drawn on a Friday, please refrigerate it until shipment on the following business day.
Genetic Diagnostic Laboratory
University of Pennsylvania
415 Anatomy–Chemistry Building
3620 Hamilton Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104