Russell Silver Syndrome (RSS)
- RSS Info Sheet
- RSS Sample Requirements
- RSS Sample Requirements – Prenatal
- RSS Request Form – Proband
- RSS Request Form – Familial
- RSS Request Form – Prenatal
*Please open the forms in Adobe Acrobat before printing.
Billing Information and Turnaround Time
|Name of Test||Turnaround Time||Cost||CPT Codes|
|Russell-Silver syndrome: methylation and copy number analysis||3-4 weeks||$800||81401x2, 81402, 81403|
|Russell-Silver syndrome: UPD7||3 weeks||$630||81402|
|Russell-Silver syndrome: prenatal diagnosis for methylation/copy number analysis only||1-3 weeks||$900*||81401x2, 81265|
|Russell-Silver syndrome: prenatal diagnosis for UPD7||1-3 weeks||$730*||81402, 81265|
|Russell-Silver syndrome: prenatal diagnosis for methylation/copy number analysis with UPD7||1-3 weeks||$1,530*||81401x2, 81402x2, 81403, 81265|
|Russell-Silver syndrome: prenatal diagnosis for known familial methylation defect||1-3 weeks||$700*||81401x2, 81402, 81265|
|Russell-Silver syndrome: known familial methylation defect||2-3 weeks||$600||81401x2, 81402|
- We require 2 EDTA tubes (lavender top) of blood - approximately 4 mL per tube
- For a newborn sample, obtain 2 EDTA tube (lavender top) of blood - approximately 1-2 mL per tube
- Label each tube with the patient’s name, date sample was obtained, and patient’s date of birth
- We accept banked or recently extracted DNA; please include the concentration. Please call the laboratory to inquire about the amount needed for testing.
Please see our prenatal section for information on prenatal requirements.****Please note that only amniocytes are accepted for prenatal Beckwith-Wiedemann testing.
Shipping Sample: Ship at room temperature via Federal Express or other overnight courier that guarantees AM delivery to arrive Monday-Friday. There is no one in the laboratory evenings and weekends to receive samples. If sample is drawn on a Friday, please refrigerate it until shipment on the following business day.
Genetic Diagnostic Laboratory
University of Pennsylvania
415 Anatomy–Chemistry Building
3620 Hamilton Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104