- Targeted Proteomics of Resilient Cognition in Aging (NIH/NIA)
- The Effect of Insulin Sensitizer Metformin on AD Biomarkers (AHAF)
- Amyloid Imaging, VMCI, and Analysis for ADNI - The main goal of this national multi-site study is to identify clinical, neuroimaging, and biochemical biomarkers that predict progression of mild cognitive impairment to Alzheimer's Disease
- Penn Memory Center Cognitive Fitness Program (Barra Foundation)
- Randomized, Placebo Controlled, Parallel-Group, Double Blind Efficacy and Safety Trial of MK-8931 in Subjects with Mild to Moderate Alzheimer's Disease (Merck & Co)
- Phase II Study to evaluate the impact on biomarkers of Resveratrol treatment in patients with mild to moderate Alzheimer's Disease (University of California-San Diego)
- Continued Efficacy and Safety Monitoring of Solanezumab, an Anti-Amyloid Antibody in Patients with Alzheimer's Disease (Eli Lilly and Company)
- Evaluation of hand held event related potential (ERP) system (CoGnision TM) as a useful biomarker for Alzheimer's Disease (Neuronetric, Inc.)
- Radionuclide imaging of amyloid plaques and basal gaglionic dopamine in the Parkinson brain - This is a cross-sectional study to evaluate whether radionuclide PET imaging of amyloid burden and nigro-striatal dopamine deficiency correlates with cognitive impairment in patients with Parkinson's disease.
- Morbidity and Mortality Risks with Antipsychotic Use in Parkinson's Disease - The aims of this retrospective cohort study are to determine if antipsychotic use in patients with Parkinson's disease is associated with increased morbidity and mortality risks, as has been demonstrated for antipsychotic use in general dementia patients.
- Parkinson's Disease and Dementia - The goal of this program project is to investigate neural and clinical aspects of Parkinson's disease dementia.
- Rivastigmine for Mild Cognitive Impairment in Parkinson’s Disease - This is a randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover study of rivastigmine patch to determine its efficacy and tolerability for the treatment of mild cognitive impairment (MCI) in patients with Parkinson's disease (PD).
- Clinical Trials to Compare Cognitive Scales - This study is a supplemental study to an existing clinical trial called "Multicentre UK Study of Donepezil in Early Dementia Associated with PD (MUSTARDD-PD). The goal of this study is to test the sensitivity and accuracy of different cognitive rating scales to detect decline in cognition over time and improvement with cognitive enhancing treatment in patients with Parkinson's disease dementia.
- Citalopam Treatment for Agitation in Alzheimer Dementia (CITAD) - Agitation in Alzheimer's dementia (AD) is a significant public health problem with serious consequences for patients and caregivers. CITAD will examine the efficacy and safety of citalopram as a treatment for clinically significant agitation in AD patients.
- The Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative Study (ADCS) - The ADCS is involved in research for the development of drugs that might be useful for treating patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD). The Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) leads the assessment of the ongoing safety and tolerability of interventions in the ADCS clinical trials. Dr. Weintraub is Chair of the ADCS DSMB.
Participated Studies on Memory Disorder - please go to link: http://www.pennadc.org/
To view a listing of job openings with the Geriatric Psychiatry Section, please click here.