Global Health Readings
For individuals in search of stimulating reading on the myriad issues that contribute to global health, many options exist. One can read recommended textbooks as well as stimulating articles and books, fiction as well as non-fiction. The documents below include examples of these readings and lists of recommendations for additional exploration. We welcome your suggestions for items that should be added. Please contact us at email@example.com.
- Why Surgery is Becoming the New Low-Cost Lifesaver (Johns Hopkins Public Health Magazine Spring 2013)
- Global Health Delivery Case Studies Online
- Comparison of 5 Introductory Textbooks in Global Health (Nathanson & Hall)
- Abbreviated version of the textbook review published in February, 2011 issue of the Global Public Health journal
This report should be useful to any student interested in finding a high quality global health textbook.
- Ethical Considerations for Short-term Experiences by Trainees in Global Health (JAMA 10/2008 -- Crump & Sugarman)
- CUGH/GHEC Library of Monographs in Global Health (Nathanson & Hall, 2012)
- Médecins Sans Frontiéres: Research for Health Workers in Developing Countries
Last updated: August 20, 2013Top ↑