The Penn Medicine Academic Computing Services High-Performance Computing (Penn HPC) environment is available to faculty, staff, and students of the University of Pennsylvania and other non-profit organizations for the purpose of providing computational capacity, high-performance storage, and long-term archiving of large data sets.
The PMACS HPC system houses the following resources for our clients’ use:
- 144 IBM iDataPlex Nodes (Red Hat Linux 6.4)
- 16 physical cores per node
- 192 or 256 GB of RAM per node
- 2 Petabytes of IBM SONAS Disk Storage (2 tiers, no backup)
- 1.8 Petabytes of mirrored archive tape storage
- Platform LSF job scheduling system
Please see our “The Basics” link on the left navigation bar to get started. Included are instructions for requesting an account, billing and pricing details, acceptable use documentation, service level agreements (SLA’s), and a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
Please contact us with any questions at email@example.com.