The Annual Spring Symposium will begin with a poster session judged by our esteemed panel of guest Judges. Awards will be given for the best basic science and the best patient-oriented research posters.
- Kathryn Claiborn, Ph.D., News and Reviews Editor, The Journal of Clinical Investigation
- Anne Granger, Ph.D., Scientific Editor, Cell Metabolism
- Paula Kiberstis, Ph.D., Senior Genetics Editor, Science
- Randy Levinson, Ph.D., Senior Editor, Nature Medicine
- Mark A. Magnuson, M.D., Director, Vanderbilt Center for Stem Cell Biology; Louise B. McGavock Chair and Professor of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics; Vanderbilt University
- Ushma S. Neill, Ph.D., Executive Editor, The Journal of Clinical Investigation
- Gerald I. Shulman, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.P., F.A.C.E., Professor of Medicine and Cellular & Molecular Physiology; Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Yale University
- Iphigenia Effie Tzameli, Ph.D., Editor, Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism
Following welcome remarks by the Director and the Dean, there will be two noteworthy talks by Joshua Rabinowitz, M.D., Ph.D. and Kenneth Zaret, Ph.D. The day will culminate with the Kroc Lecture which will be delivered by Mark A. Magnuson, M.D., Director, Vanderbilt Center for Stem Cell Biology; Louise B. McGavock Chair and Professor of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University.
Topic:“Making New Beta Cells: Promise, Progress and Rethinking What’s Possible”
Location: Auditorium Translational Research Center, 3400 Civic Center Boulevard (adjacent to Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine).
Time: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Deadline for poster registration is March 20, 2012.