The Annual Spring Symposium will begin with a poster session judged by our esteemed panel of guest Judges. Awards will be given for the best basic science and the best patient-oriented research posters.
- C. Ronald Kahn, M.D., Chief Academic Officer, Joslin Diabetes Center; Mary K. Iacocca Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Paula A. Kiberstis, Ph.D., Senior Genetics Editor, Science
- Randy Levinson, Ph.D., Senior Editor, Nature Medicine
- Mark A. Magnuson, M.D., Director, Vanderbilt Center for Stem Cell Biology; Louise B. McGavock Chair and Professor of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University
- Alan R. Saltiel, Ph.D., Director, Life Sciences Institute; Professor of Internal Medicine and Physiology, University of Michigan
- Iphigenia (Effie) Tzameli, Ph.D., Editor, Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism
Following the welcome remarks by the Director and Dr. Arthur Rubenstein, there will be three noteworthy talks by David B. Sarwer, Ph.D. and Elisabetta Manuchi, Ph.D. and Ali Naji, M.D., Ph.D. The day will culminate with the Kroc Lecture which will be delivered by C. Ronald Kahn, M.D., Chief Academic Officer, Joslin Diabetes Center; Mary K. Iacocca Professor, Harvard Medical School.
Location: Auditorium, Smilow Center for Translational Research , 3400 Civic Center Boulevard (adjacent to Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine).
Time: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Deadline: for poster registration February 27, 2013.