The Annual Spring Symposium will begin with a poster session judged by our esteemed panel of guest Judges. Awards will be given for the best basic science and the best patient-oriented research posters.
- Andy Johnson, Ph.D., Editor, Cell Metabolism
- Paula A. Kiberstis, Ph.D., Senior Genetics Editor, Science
- Randy Levinson, Ph.D., Senior Editor, Nature Medicine
- Mark A. Magnuson, M.D., Director, Vanderbilt Center for Stem Cell Biology; Louise B. McGavock Chair and Professor of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University
- Ushma S. Neill, Ph.D., Editor at Large, JCI
- Alan R. Saltiel, Ph.D., Director, Life Sciences Institute; Professor of Internal Medicine and Physiology, University of Michigan
Iphigenia (Effie) Tzameli, Ph.D., Editor, Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism
Following the welcome remarks by the Director and Dean J. Larry Jameson, there will be three noteworthy talks by Benjamin F. Voight, Ph.D., Rexford S. Ahima, MD, Ph.D. and Tracy L. Bale, Ph.D. The day will culminate with the Kroc Lecture which will be delivered by Alan R. Saltiel, Ph.D., Director, Life Sciences Institute; Professor of Internal Medicine and Physiology, University of Michigan.
Location: Auditorium, Smilow Center for Translational Research , 3400 Civic Center Boulevard (adjacent to Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine).
Time: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Deadline: for poster registration March 19, 2014. (Please note, that you still need to register even if you are a co-author on a poster submission).