Viral Vector Core - Overview
The main objective of the Viral Vector Core is to provide DRC center members access to state- of-the-art vector technology for preclinical studies. In order to facilitate vector creation and production, the professional staff, using a state-of-the-art facility, will carry out the following:
- Production of viral vectors derived from adeno-associated viruses (AAV), adenoviruses, and lentiviruses as well as the production of non-viral vectors for use in basic research;
- Work with DRC investigators to develop vectors or recombinant viruses specifically of use to DRC members;
- Development of gene transfer vectors that will be superior to those of previous generations;
- Submission of the vectors produced to the Bioassay Core to determine the quantity, purity and potency of the vectors produced;
- Development of a web-based database to enable DRC members to request services, monitor the status of vector production, and access historical data on vectors produced by their laboratory.
For more information, please visit the Gene Therapy Program.