Sudha K. Kessler, MD, MSCE
Dr. Kessler is an Assistant Professor of Neurology Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. She is board-certified in Neurology, Pediatrics and Child Neurology. She completed her medical training at The Baylor College of Medicine, a Neurology Residency at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, a Pediatric Residency at Lucille Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford University and Clinical Fellowship training in Epilepsy & EEG at Columbia University. Dr. Kessler is interested in the epileptic mechanisms of the human brain, specifically in children and the effect that transcranial magnetic stimulation has on those neural processes.
- Kessler SK, Gallagher PR, Shellhaas RA, Clancy RR, Bergqvist AGC: Early EEG improvement after ketogenic diet initiation. Epilepsy Research 94(1-2): 94-101, March 2011 Notes: doi:10.1016/j.eplepsyres.2011.01.012.
- Abend NS, Topjian AA, Kessler SK, Gutierrez-Colina AM, Berg R, Nadkarni V, Dlugos DJ, Clancy RR, Ichord RN: Outcome prediction by motor and pupillary responses in children treated with therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine April 14 2011 Notes: epub ahead of print.
- Wusthoff CJ, Kessler SK, Vossough A, Ichord R, Zelonis S, Halperin A, Gordon D, Vargas G, Licht D, Smith SE. : Risk of Later Seizure Following Perinatal Arterial Ischemic Stroke: A Prospective Cohort Study. Pediatrics 127(6): e1550-7, June 2011.
- Goldberg EM, Taub KS, Kessler SK, Abend NS: Anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis presenting with focal non-convulsive status epilepticus in a child. Neuropediatrics 42(5): 188-190, October 2011.
- Skjei KL, Kessler SK, Abend NS: Stimulus-induced rhythmic, periodic, or ictal discharges in a 13 year old girl after an overdose and respiratory arrest. Pediatric Neurology 45(5): 350-351, November 2011.
- Sanchez S, Carpenter J, Chapman KE, Dlugos DJ, Gallentine W, Giza CC, Goldstein JL, Hahn C, Kessler SK, Loddenkemper T, Riviello JJ, Abend, NS: Pediatric ICU EEG Monitoring: Current Resources and Practice in the United States and Canada. Journal of Clinical Neurophysiology accepted, 2012.
- The Simons VIP Consortium: Simons Variation in Individuals Project (Simons VIP): A genetics-first approach to studying autism spectrum and related neurodevelopmental disorders. Neuron 73(6): 1063-1067, March 2012.
- Kessler SK, Turkeltaub P, Benson JG, Hamilton RH: Differences in the experience of sham and active transcranial direct current stimulation. Brain Stimulation 5(2): 155-62, April 2012.
- Beslow LA, Vossough A, Dahmoush HM, Kessler SK, Stainman R, Favilla CG, Wusthoff CJ, Zelonis S, Licht DJ, Ichord RN, Smith SE : Modified Pediatric ASPECTS Correlates with Infarct Volume in Childhood Arterial Ischemic Stroke. Frontiers in Neurology epub ahead of print, July 2012.
- Campen CJ, Kranick SM, Kasner SE, Kessler SK, Zimmerman RA, Lustig R, Phillips PC, Storm PB, Smith SE, Ichord R, Fisher MJ : Cranial Irradiation Increases Risk of Stroke in Pediatric Brain Tumor Survivors. Stroke epub ahead of print, September 2012.