In support of the Penn Medicine HIPAA Steering Committee, which includes representation from the UPHS, SOM, Office of General Counsel, and CPUP Administration, we are pleased to announce the availability of on-line HIPAA Education for School of Medicine Faculty, Staff, and Students.
Federal Law requires the University of Pennsylvania Health System and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (the covered entity) to train all members of its workforce on its policies and procedures with respect to the privacy of protected health information. The rules require that the training must be provided to each member of the covered entity's workforce.
All SOM Faculty, Staff, and Students will need to complete this education to maintain compliance with UPHS and SOM privacy policies and to maintain their credentialing agreement, if applicable. The education is provided to ensure HIPAA regulatory compliance and to implement improved privacy practices throughout UPHS and the SOM. Tracking and Compliance Reporting will be generated electronically and reported to Department Chairs and SOM Administration.
The online education was designed to:
- • be completed in under thirty minutes.
- • be web accessible - available from any PC with a web browser 24/7 though Knowledge Link.
- • provide for automatic tracking and compliance reporting.
The link to access the Knowledge Link web site is: http://knowledgelink.upenn.edu
- Log in with your PennKey and Password.
- On the Required Training screen, you will see HIPAA Privacy Training.
- Click on the green START button to complete the course.
- There is an assessment at the end of the module. You must achieve 80% to pass.
When you click on submit after completing the course, please allow for the assessment to be scored and for your confirmation page to load. This should not take longer than 30 seconds. If you do not wait for the assessment to be submitted, your data may be lost.
- To print your Certificate of Completion, return to the home page in Knowledge Link.
Click on Training Record in the menu on the left side of the screen.
Find HIPAA Privacy training. Click on the Certificate icon. You may then print your Certificate.
All HIPAA questions need to be addressed to COMPLY@mail.med.upenn.edu
All Knowledge Link questions need to be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org