The Molecular Cardiology Research Center Mouse Transgenic and Knockout Core Facility generates transgenic and knockout mice for members of the Center by performing pronuclear and blastocyst injecetions of DNA and embryonic stem cells, respectively.
Investigators interested in submitting samples for injection should present research objectives at the weekly Core meeting held Mondays at 10AM.
The Core functions under the direction of Diane Zhou, with help from Feiyan Liu and Wendy Li, under the supervision of Dr. Edward Morrisey.
Dr. Edward Morrisey, Ph.D.
Diane Zhou, Director
- Pronuclear DNA Microinjection Request Form [ doc ]
- In-Vitro Fertilization Request Form [ doc ]
- Sperm Cryopreservation Request Form [ doc ]
- Embryo Cryopreservation Request Form [ doc ]
- Embryonic Stem Cell Injection Request Form [ doc ]
- Shipping Mouse Oviducts (one Cell) Request Form [ doc ]
- Regenerating the Mouse Line Request Form [ doc ]
Instructions and Protocols
- Preparation of BAC DNA for Pronuclear Injection Protocol [ doc ]
- Mouse IVF Protocol [ doc ]
- Cryopreservation of One or Two Cell Embryo Protocol [ doc ]
- Thawing Mouse Embryos Protocol ( By Cardiovascular Institute Transgenic Core ) [ doc ]
- Preparation of DNA Fragments for Pronuclear Injection Protocol [ doc ]
- Procedure for Shipping Oviducts Protocol [ doc ]
- Mouse Sperm Cryopreservation Protocol [ doc ]
- Preparation of ES Cell Before Injection Protocol [ doc ]
- Hormone Preparation [doc]