Combined Degree and Physician Scholar Programs
MEDICAL STUDENT RESEARCH DAY
POSTER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
- Posterboard size is 36" x 60". Posterboard can sit either horizontal or vertical on easel.
- We prefer that posters are within the 36" x "60" dimensions. But if you have a poster that is larger than 36" x 60", please notify Amy Nothelfer at least 2 weeks prior to the event, so floor layout adjustments can be made to accommodate your larger poster.
- Posters can be made by cutting and pasting content from word documents on to colored matte board or construction paper or via Powerpoint, but the latter requires large document printing capability.
- You will need to cover the cost of creating your poster (and/or perhaps your mentor would be willing to help).
- Resources for poster printing include:
- Kinkos and other similar copying stores.
- Van Pelt Library Vitale Digital Media Lab. For more info, visit: http://wic.library.upenn.edu/lab/posterprinter.html.
- Biomedical Library. For more info, visit:
- University Copy Service in Houston Hall. For more info, visit: http://www.ucscopy.com.
- There is no required format for the posters. However, if you would like some guidance, please click here.
SET UP AT EVENT
- We will provide a posterboard and pushpins for everyone.
- Easels will be set up in the BRB lobby.
- You can set up your poster after 9:00 am; all posters should be fully set up by noon.
- Each student will have a designated poster number to correspond with the abstract book. Be sure to set your poster up on the right posterboard.