Facts and Figures
- Over 185 students - one of the largest programs in the country
- Our students are in 11 different graduate groups: biomedical graduate studies groups plus bioengineering, health care management, history and sociology of science, and anthropology.
faculty and research
- 650 faculty are members of Biomedical Graduate Studies Groups
- Nearly half of Penn School of Medicine faculty who are members of BGS are physician scientists
- 1.44 M net square feet of research space, much of which is new or newly renovated
history / alumni
- Founded in 1958 - one of the oldest programs in the country
- One of the largest Medical Scientist Training Program grants in the country
- Over 590 alumni
- Approximately 80% of those who had completed residency training at our last comprehensive review were physician-scientists in academic medicine, research institutes or industry
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed
in a supported browser. | Site Design:
PMACS Web Team.