The Penn MSTP programs has several videos that MD-PhD applicants, our current students, faculty and staff may find interesting and informative:
Awo Layman (IGG MD/PhD) & Dr. Paula Oliver (CAMB, IGG)
- This video was filmed as part of Penn’s Biomedical Graduate Studies 30th Anniversary celebration. It features a thoughtful interview with Awo Layman, a current MD-PhD student, and her thesis mentor Dr. Paula Oliver.
Doc-Talk is an engaging interview show created by a current MD/PhD student, Divyansh Agarwal. Many episodes have been filmed featuring 15-30 minute interviews with physician scientist leaders at, or affiliated with, Penn:
- Harvey Rubin, MD, PhD
- Timothy H. Lucas, Jr., MD, PhD
- Jonathan A. Epstein, MD
- Michael S. Brown, MD (Nobel Laureate 1985)
- Flaura K. Winston MD, PhD
- Kassa Darge, MD, PhD
- Jennifer K. Walter, MD, PhD
- Gregg Semenza, MD, PhD (Lasker Laureate 2016)
In addition, in Episode 8, he interviews 4 members of the Penn MD/PhD program (Dr. Skip Brass, Dr. Rahul Kohli, Dr. Aimee Payne, and Maggie Krall) to discuss "Merging Careers in Science and Medicine":
MSTP grand rounds 2017-2018
Grand Rounds: Divyansh Agarwal, Daniel Zhang
November 6, 2017
Suturing a Path(way) Through Science
With faculty consultant: Paige Porrett, MD, PhD – Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Transplant Surgery
Student invited Penn faculty speaker: Matthew Kayser, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, and an alum of the Penn MSTP!
December 7, 2017
Using fruit flies to study how sleep wires the brain
Other Videos of Interest
Dianna Milewicz TEDxHouston - "Why are physician-scientists crucial to our future?"
If you have suggestions on other videos relevant to physician-scientists, please feel free to email them to Amy Nothelfer.