The Penn MSTP programs has several videos that MD-PhD applicants, our current students, faculty and staff may find interesting and informative:
Awo Layman (IGG MD/PhD) & Dr. Paula Oliver (CAMB, IGG)
- This video was filmed as part of Penn’s Biomedical Graduate Studies 30th Anniversary celebration. It features a thoughtful interview with Awo Layman, a current MD-PhD student, and her thesis mentor Dr. Paula Oliver.
Doc-Talk is an engaging interview show created by a current MD/PhD student, Divyansh Agarwal. Many episodes have been filmed featuring 15-30 minute interviews with physician scientist leaders at, or affiliated with, Penn:
- Harvey Rubin, MD, PhD
- Timothy H. Lucas, Jr., MD, PhD
- Jonathan A. Epstein, MD
- Michael S. Brown, MD (Nobel Laureate 1985)
- Flaura K. Winston MD, PhD
- Kassa Darge, MD, PhD
- Jennifer K. Walter, MD, PhD
- Gregg Semenza, MD, PhD (Lasker Laureate 2016)
In addition, in Episode 8, he interviews 4 members of the Penn MD/PhD program (Dr. Skip Brass, Dr. Rahul Kohli, Dr. Aimee Payne, and Maggie Krall) to discuss "Merging Careers in Science and Medicine":
MSTP grand rounds 2017-2018
Grand Rounds: Divyansh Agarwal, Daniel Zhang
November 6, 2017
Suturing a Path(way) Through Science
With faculty consultant: Paige Porrett, MD, PhD – Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Transplant Surgery
Other Videos of Interest
Dianna Milewicz TEDxHouston - "Why are physician-scientists crucial to our future?"
If you have suggestions on other videos relevant to physician-scientists, please feel free to email them to Amy Nothelfer.