Our funding to host trainings has ended; however, if your organization is interested in a NEMS training, our trainers are still available to come to your community. We will tailor the agenda to meet your group's needs. A group can request to be trained just on NEMS-S or NEMS-R (one day), both NEMS-S and NEMS-R (2 days) or train-the trainer (2.5 days).
Costs would include the following:
- Trainers' salary (dependent on trainer and length of training but approx. $250-$300 per day per trainer; usually about 5 participants per trainer due to fieldwork constraints.)
- Travel (transportation, lodging and meals for each trainer)
- Training manual ($25 per NEMS manual and costs of shipping)
- Additional training supplies (photocopying, folders, pencils, etc.)
- Food and beverages for participants during training (optional, but recommended to keep participants happy!)
- Training room (need a space where chairs/tables can be made into a semi-circle as well as a laptop and projector)
- Transportation to and from fieldwork
Additional responsibilities would include:
- Identifying the food outlets for the fieldwork. Depending on the community and your organization, you may want to ask permission from these food outlets ahead of time.
- Providing a contact person who would respond in a timely manner to any questions posed by NEMS national staff.
- Providing NEMS staff with a training roster at least two weeks ahead of time.
Local NEMS Trainers
If we cannot accommodate your training request or if the costs exceed your organization's budget, we can put you in contact with a locally NEMS trained person, if there is one in your area that you may be able to contact for a training. The national staff is always willing to provide local trainers with training support as needed.