NUTRITION ENVIRONMENT MEASURES SURVEY
Comments about the Trainings
This page contains comments we have received following the in-person NEMS trainings. If you have attended a NEMS training please update us on how the measures have been used!
- "NEMS Trainers are professional and well informed! I walked away with a wealth of information that I could use."
- "The amount of information presented in such a relaxed an open manner was terrific. The willingness of the trainers to respond to questions both in the class setting and during fieldwork was a definite bonus and helped to reinforce the course content. The visual aids from menus to "salad bowl:" were very helpful. The manual is well-organized, and the pre-conference homework was helpful in preparing me for the training."
- "I was so impressed by the expertise, professionalism and knowledge of the staff on your research team. Your group has certainly set a high quality standard for future work in this area."
- "I think the interactivity was the best. We were able to practice with the actual practitioners of the survey which really facilitated the answering of questions."
- "I enjoyed the interaction about the reasons given for the survey/method selections. It is rare that you get to know so much about the methods used to develop & test a survey and such."
- "The fieldwork discussion was critical - it really made you think about how to work through it. Overall this is one of the best training workshops I have ever attended."
- "Excellent, in-depth knowledge, great organization, great content, sensational resources."
- "Everything seemed effortlessly well coordinated."
- "As a dietician intern, I have not had many opportunities to learn a new nutrition assessment tool. Having a 3-day training was a wonderful opportunity especially for one as complex as this. I especially appreciated having a teaching team as competent as these were, who know most of the answer to our questions are who are committed to finding out those they didn't."