For more information please contact us by phone 215-573-0682 or email: email@example.com
The LeadingSuccess® Program is an introductory leadership skills development program targeted to supervisors and managers who are motivated to increase their current effectiveness and learn how to prepare themselves for more complex or senior positions in the future.
Leading Success has four main components designed to support participants’ learning and growth:
Assessment and Development Planning
Participants complete a variety of assessments, including 360 degree feedback, designed to give them feedback and insight that helps them create a personalized development plan for the program. This plan will provide the critical link between the course content and their specific development goals for their current position.
A progress assessment will be conducted at the end of the program to help participants gauge their progress toward reaching their development goals. The results of the progress assessment will be reviewed and discussed with the participant’s manager.
The program includes seven half-day sessions scheduled approximately 4-6 weeks apart. These sessions are experiential in nature and introduce participants to information and skills related to the following areas:
- Assessment Results/Planning For Development
- Perelman SOM Operations/Understanding Your Role
- Team Building
- Development Plan Review/Action Planning
Program participants will receive four individual coaching sessions to help them integrate and apply the skills and material covered in the classroom sessions. Working individually allows the development process to become customized to each person’s experience level, situation and goals.
These small-group sessions of 6-8 participants are powerful, structured discussions of common management and leadership challenges. In each session, participants will have the opportunity to work on real issues that are important to achieving results. This structured, facilitated interaction also supports the exchange of best practices while continuing to develop skills in self-awareness, effective presentation of ideas, giving and receiving feedback, and problem solving. Each peer coaching session will be two hours.
Cohort 10 (call for nominations in Spring 2013)
Cohort 9 (in progress)
Cohort 8 (in progress)
The program is targeted to supervisors and managers given they meet the following criteria:
- Currently supervises at least one direct report or is in a full-time project management role leading a project team
- In current position for at least six months
- Has received an overall rating of “meets all expectations” or better during the most recent rating period.
- Has not received any performance management actions (verbal or written warnings, performance plans) within the past year
- Is committed personally - and has the support of their manager - to attend all scheduled program sessions
- Consistently strong performer in current position.
In addition, the following characteristics are strongly desired for participants:
- Demonstrated ability to receive and respond to developmental feedback
- Strong desire to learn for the purpose of improving their performance
To nominate your staff member for the next cohort (or to request your supervisor to nominate you for the program), download the nomination form.
The timeline for the nomination and selection process is included in the Program Dates.
How does this program compare to the Supervisory Skills Certificate Program?
The content of the LeadingSuccess program differs from the Supervisory Certificate Series (SCS) in that it dives more deeply into skill development than the SCS. There is not significant overlap between the two programs. The SCS is not a prerequisite for this program. Graduates of the SCS are still eligible to be nominated for this program.
What role does the participant’s Manager play in this program?
We are asking managers to identify outstanding individuals on their staff who have strong potential. The manager must be committed to supporting the participant’s attendance at all scheduled sessions for the duration of the program, as well as participating themselves in the following activities:
- Completing an assessment for the participant as part of 360 degree feedback process
- Meeting with the participant and assigned coach to discuss and endorse a development plan at the beginning of the program
- Meeting with the participant periodically during the program to discuss progress on the development plan
- Providing formal post-program feedback to participant through “mini” 360 degree feedback process
- Meeting with the participant and assigned coach to discuss post-program assessment and determine priorities for the future
Who should I contact to get more information?
Contact the Office of Organization Effectiveness at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-573-0682.