For more information please contact us by phone 215-573-0682 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Perelman School of Medicine
Penn encourages the use of public transportation. To assist commuters who do not have parking permits, Penn Transit has negotiated an agreement with the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) to provide TransPasses and TrailPasses at a 10% discount through payroll deduction. Full time Penn faculty and staff are eligible for this program.
- Compass (SEPTA Transpass/Trailpass)
The Department of Transportation and Parking manages and operates a number of parking facilities on Penn's campus, including garages and lots. While many of the facilities are permit-only and reserved for university faculty, staff and students, there is also ample visitor parking available. Operating hours and parking fees are posted at each facility.
- Parking Map
- Parking Permits
- Various types of parking permits are available for University parking facilities.
- Parking permits are issued on an annual and multi-year basis, and are valid from September 1 to the following August 31.
- Parking permits are not transferable.
- Note: Parking is available to Faculty and Staff annually (September-August) per request, and to Students per two semester (September-May) on a first come, first served basis. The demand for parking on campus during regular (weekday) business hours has always been far greater than the supply of available spaces which is why parking has been strictly regulated and enforced.
LUCY is a bus route that loops around University City.
- Stops include:
- 30th St station, Universtiy City Science Station, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Presbyterian Medical Center, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, VA Medical Center
- Cost: Free for University employees. Show your PennCard (work ID).
- Runs: Monday - Friday (6:10am - 7:00pm). Leaves 30th Street Station every 12 to 35 minutes.
- Accessability: Wheelchair lift and two wheelchair tie-downs per bus
- Service Map
- Penn Shuttle: Evening shuttle service from campus to specific locations. Call 215-898-RIDE (215-898-7433)
- Ride Share Options
- Walking and Biking
- Penn-Drexel Bus Share
- Transit Checks - Permanent full- and part-time employees of the University of Pennsylvania who are not participating in the parking permit program are eligible to purchase TransitCheks (pre-tax). Up to $100 worth of TransitCheks may be purchased through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis. The following regional transit providers participate in the TransitChek program: SEPTA, Dart, NJ Transit, Amtrak, and PATCO.
Safety on campus is an important concern. The University has several methods of helping you to enjoy a safe working environment:
- Emergency Numbers - 215/573-3333 or 511 (from any campus phone)
- Emergency Blue Light Phones - If you observe a potential safety hazard, require assistance, notice suspicious activity, feel unsafe or need a walking escort, you can reach Public Safety directly through any of over 500 Blue Light emergency phones on campus. Just pick up the receiver or press the button.
- UPennAlert Emergency Notification System - Register for this so that you can quickly receive critical emergency information.
- Walking/Riding Escort Services (Working late? Attending an evening event?)
- Public Safety Websites
- Human Resource Satellite Office at the Perelman SOM
- University of Pennsylvania Human Resources
- Health System Human Resources (For Perelman SOM managers who supervise Health System Employees. Site only accessible on-campus)
- Benefits - Key benefits are listed below:
All employees of the Perelman SOM are required to take certain training in order for the institution to satisfy compliance requirements. New employees should log into Knowledge Link as soon as they receive their PennKey and password, then take the training listed under “RequiredTraining.” There is additional training that can be important for your success on the job. Information about this training can be found at:
- Information Services
- Office of Research Support Services
- Research and Research Training
- Space Planning and Operations (Facilities)