Albert O. Gee, MDResident PGY-3
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania
M.D., 2005, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, Missouri
B.S. Biophysics, 2001, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois
Adult reconstructive surgery
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTERESTS
Albert Gee is a resident in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania. He received his Bachelor's Degree at the University of Illinois in 2001 and completed his Medical Degree at the Washington University School of Medicine in 2005. He is currently involved in a research year in the McKay Orthopaedic Research Lab. He is working with Dr. Robert Mauck's lab on fiber reinforced tissue engineering solutions for knee meniscus repair.
In his free time he enjoys spending time with his wife and his pet cairn terrier. His most recent endeavor involves the use of specific nutritional supplements and their effect on muscle hypertrophy in human, and possibly mouse, models.
- Baker BM, Gee AO, Metter RB, Nathan AS, Marklein RA, Burdick JA, Mauck RL. "Selective Removal of Sacrificial Fibers Improves Cell Infiltration in Composite Fiber-Aligned Nanofibrous Scaffolds," Biomaterials, in press.
- Chin KR, London N, Gee AO, and Bohlman HH. Risk for infection after anterior cervical fusion: Prevention with iodophor-impregnated incision drapes. Am J Orthop. (In press)
- Goldfarb CA, Gee AO, Heinze LK, Manske PR. Normative values for thumb length, girth, and width in the pediatric population. J Hand Surg [Am]. 2005 Sep;30(5):1004-8.
- Gee AO, Baker BM, Mauck RL. "Mechanics and Cytocompatibility of Genepin Crosslinked Type I Collagen Nanofibrous Scaffolds," Proceedings of ASME 2008 Summer Bioengineering Conference, Marco Island, FL, June 25-29, submitted.
- Baker BM, Nerurkar NL, Burdick JA, Elliott DM, Mauck RL. "Fabrication and Modeling of an Electrospun Tri-Polymer Composite for the Engineering of Fibrous Tissues," Proceedings of ASME 2008 Summer Bioengineering Conference, Marco Island, FL, June 25-29, submitted.
- Baker BM, Gee AO, Jennings MW, Nathan AS, Huffman GR, Mauck RL. "Engineering Anatomically-Shaped Meniscus Constructs: Biologic and Mechanical Integration," 54th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, San Francisco, CA, March 2-5, 2008, submitted.
- Baker BM, Gee AO, Marklein RA, Nathan AS, Burdick JA, Mauck RL. "Tuning Nanofibrous Scaffold Mechanics and Porosity to Promote Cell Infiltration," 54th Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, San Francisco, CA, March 2-5, 2008, submitted.