Roshan ShahResident, Orthopaedic Surgery
Research Fellow, McKay Orthopaedic Research Laboratory (2009-2010)
University of Pennsylvania
B.A. Chemistry, 2001, Dartmouth College
M.D. 2007, Yale School of Medicine
J.D. 2007, Stanford Law School
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST
Roshan Shah joined the group during his third post-graduate year following medical school. He joins a team investigating tissue engineering of the knee meniscus using nanofibrous biodegradable scaffolds. He can be distinguished from others in this lab, and throughout the country's labs, by his daily shirt and tie. He hopes that working at the nanoscale will facilitate smaller numbers on his golf scorecard.
- McHale M and Shah RP. Cutting the Guillotine Down to Size. PC/AI Mag. 13: 24-32, 1999
- Shah RP. Searle: Locked Inside His Own Chinese Room. Dartmouth Undergraduate J. Sci. 1: 9-11, 1999
- Shah RP. Cantorís Paradise. Aporia: Dartmouth J. Philosophy. June 2001
- Zhou J, Shah RP, Findley BR, Braun CL. Long Distance Photoinduced Electron Transfer in Solutions: A mechanism for producing large yields of free ions by electron transfer quenching. Journal of Physical Chemistry A 106:12-20, 2002
- Thoracoscopic Excision of Thoracic Herniated Disk in Vaccarro, A.R., Bono, C.M. (Eds.) Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Humana Press, New Jersey, 2007.
- Shah RP, Lindsey DP, Sungar GW, McAdams TR. A Comparison of Cyclic Valgus Loading on Reconstructed Ulnar Collateral Ligament of the Elbow. Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine. 80:30-1 (2007)
- Shah RP, Lindsey DP, Sungar GW, McAdams TR. An Analysis of Four Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction Procedures with Cyclic Valgus Loading. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery 18:58-63, 2009
- Shah RP, Componovo R, Nelson CL, Garino JP, Lee GC. Ceramic THR and Activity level in Patients under the Age of 55 years. (Presented at the Eastern Orthopaedic Association, Nassau, Bahamas 2009)