Neil P. Sheth, M.D.Resident, PGY-3
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Jericho, New York
M.D, 2003, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
B.S., Biomedical Engineering, 1997, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, P.A.
Total Joint Arthroplasty
Pelvic and Acetabular Trauma
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST
Neil Sheth is currently a PGY-3 Resident in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania. Neil received his B.S. in Biomedical Engineering from Penn in 1997 followed by spending 2 years on Wall Street as a Healthcare Investment Banker at Salomon Smith Barney in New York City. He then received his medical degree from the Albany Medical College prior to returning to the University of Pennsylvania for residency. He is currently spending the year in the McKay Laboratory focusing on a tissue engineering solution for knee meniscus repair utilizing nanofibrous biodegradable scaffolds.
- Sheth NP, Berns JS, Sennett BJ: Rhabdomyolysis and Acute Renal Failure Following Arthroscopic Knee Surgery in a College Football Player Taking Creatine Supplements. Journal of Clinical Nephrology (In Press)
- Shapiro GS, Sheth N, Mintz DN, Bush H, Sculco TP: Occlusion of a vascular graft after TKA: A case Report. Amer Journal of Orthop. (In Press)
- Bottner F, Sheth N, Chimento GF and Sculco TP: Cytokine Levels after Transfusion of Washed Wound Drainage in Total Knee Arthroplasty: a randomized trial. J Knee Surg 16(2):93-97, 2003.
- Copley L, Pepe M, Tan V, Dormans J, and Sheth N: A Comparison of Various Angles of Halo Pin Insertion in An Immature Skull Model. SPINE 24:1777-1780, 1999. Erratum printed June 1, 2000 - Page 1460
- Copley L, Pepe M, Dormans J, Gabriel J, Sheth N, and Asada N: A Comparative Evaluation of Halo Pin Designs in an Immature Skull Model. Clin Orthop, 357:212-218, 1998. Manuscript 97-336R
- Peters LE, Sheth N, Bostrom M, Pellicci PM, and Sculco TP: Preoperative Planning for Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty. Techniques in Orthopaedics, Volume 16, Issue 3:202-221, September 2001
- Sheth N: Barrons Guide to the Most Competitive Colleges. Introduction for the University of Pennsylvania, Pages 566-577, 1998
- Sheth NP, Baker BM, Mauck RL: "Integration of Nanofibrous Scaffolds for Meniscal Repair," 2006 OREF Resident Research Symposium, New York, NY, May 22.
- Baker BM, Sheth NP, and Mauck RL: "Maturation of MFC- and MSC-Laden Nanofibrous Scaffolds for Meniscus Tissue Engineering," Proceedings of ASME BIO2006, 2006 Summer Bioengineering Conference, Amelia Island, FL, June 21-25.
- Sheth NP, Li WJ, Tuan RS, Elliott DM, Huffman R, Mauck RL: "Fixation of Anisotropic Biodegradable Nanofibrous Poly-Caprolactone Scaffolds to Bovine Meniscus With Non-Absorbable Suture: A Strategy for Meniscal Repair,"52nd Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, New Orleans, LA, March 19-22, 2006
- Jamal S, Sheth N, Khan S, Chung S, Bhargav D, Fraser J, Xia W, Sandhu H, and Diwan AD: Nitric Oxide Modulates Nuclear Cell Collagen Synthesis. World Spine II, Chicago, IL - August 2003
- Pavone V, Sheth NP, Johnson T, Sculco TP: Evaluation of Perioperative Morbidity in Bilateral One Staged Total Knee Arthroplasty. EFFORT, Athens, Greece - March 2001
- Allen FD, Hung CT, Sheth NP, Pollack SR, and Brighton CT: The Effect of Cell Culture Passaging on the Transduction of Fluid Flow Shear Stress in Osteoblast-like Cells. 43rd Annual Meeting of the Orthopaedic Research Society, San Francisco, CA, February 9-13, Volume 2, Page 707 - 1997