Jeff StamboughMedical Student, Year 2
University of Pennsylvania
B.A. Biology & Society 2007, Cornell University
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTERESTS
Jeff joined the lab in the summer of 2008 and is currently working on developing a MSC-laden, multi-scale, tissue-engineered anisotropic construct which emulates the properties of a native annulus fibrosis.. Outside of lab and medical school, Jeff enjoys soccer, fine wine, and TLA's (three letter acronyms).
- Melvin JS, Mehta S, Stambough JB. Use of Licox in a head-injured patient with a tibial shaft fracture: A novel method of assessing the effect of reamed intramedullary nailing on brain tissue oxygenation. Injury Extra. 2008
- Stambough JL, Godfrey EK, Stambough JB. Lumbar fusion with l morphogenic protein-2 (BMP-2) and allograft. The Spine Journal. [submitted 2006]
- Templin CR, Stambough JB, Stambough JL. Acute spinal cord compression caused by vertebral hemangioma. The Spine Journal. 2004 Sep-Oct;4(5):595-600
- Stambough JL, Stambough JB, Evan S. Acute cauda equina syndrome after total knee arthroplasty as a result of epidural anesthesia and spinal stenosis. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2000 Apr;15(3):375-9.
- Nerurkar, NL; Sen, S; Wible. EE, Stambough JB; Elliott, DM, Mauck, RL. MSC-Seeded Nanofibrous Laminates Mimic Multi-Scale Form and Function of the Annulus Fibrosus. ORS, Las Vegas, NV. 2009
- Stambough JB, Smith H, Chen FH, Tuan RS. The effect of canonical and non-canonical Wnts on chondrogenesis of human mesenchymal stem cells. National Institutes of Health Summer Research Poster Day, Bethesda, MD, Aug, 2006.
- J. Bitterman, P. Marguet, A. Cramer, T. Halo, J. Stambough, D.A. Usher. Prebiotic Polypeptide Synthesis: Are Pyrophosphates the Answer? NASA Exobiology Symposium, Mt. View, CA 2005