Adam C. Caro, DVMVeterinary Research Resident
University of Pennsylvania
Comparative Medicine Resident, School of Veterinary Medicine, 2010-present, University of Pennsylvania
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, 2010, Louisiana State University
B.S. Biological Sciences, 2005, Louisiana State University
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST
ABSTRACTS, PRELIMINARY COMMUNICATIONS, PLATFORM AND PANEL DISCUSSIONS
- Caro AC, AK Brice, CL Veeder. "Investigation into a Fire Caused by Surgical Preparation and Surgical Instrumentation Use in a Protocol-Related Rodent Surgery." AALAS National Meeting, Sand Diego, CA 2011
- Caro AC. "A Bump in the Chest: Clinical Investigation of a Cutaneous Mass in a Sugar Glider (Petaurus breviceps)." Tri-Branch Symposium, Atlantic City, NJ 2012
- Caro AC, Brice AK, Jensen J. "A Bump in the Chest: Clinical Investigation of a Cutaneous Mass in a Sugar Glider (Petaurus breviceps)." AALAS Nation Meeting, Minneapolis, MN, 2012
- Caro AC, Hankenson FC, Marx JO. "A Comparison of Thermoregulatory Devices During Rodent Anesthesia and the Effects of Body Temperature On Physiological Parameters." AALAS Nation Meeting, Minneapolis, MN, 2012.
- Where There's Smoke There's Fire: An investigation into an Accidental Surgical Fire and Prevention Planning. Quad Symposium, Uncasville, CT 2012
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Sciences
- AALAS Del-Valley Branch
- American Society of Sugar Glider Veterinarians
Adam joined the McKay Orthopaedic Laboratory in the summer of 2012. Adam has served as a staff veterinarian for the University Laboratory Animal Resources department for a wide range of species, including: NHP's, swine, ovine, aquatics, and traditional rodent and rabbit species. Adam has extensive training in laboratory animal medicine and pathology techiniques, and has acted as an on-call veterinarian for the laboratory animal unit of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
While earning his DVM at LSU, Adam was a student care taker for the school's mascot, Mike the Tiger.