Welcome to the Translational Spine Research Laboratory
The Translational Spine Research Laboratory is a collaboration between the Orthopaedic and Neurosurgery Departments of the University of Pennsylvania. Our research focuses in two main areas:
- Paper accepted for publication: Gorth DG, Lothstein KE, Chiaro JA, Farrell MJ, Dodge GR, Elliott DM, Malhotra NR, Mauck RL, Smith LJ. (2015) "Hypoxic Regulation of Functional Extracellular Matrix Elaboration by Nucleus Pulposus Cells in Long Term Agarose Culture" Journal of Orthopaedic Research.
- Congratulations to Sarah Gullbrand who won the 2015 ISSLS prize for her graduate school work at RPI. She will be presenting her paper at the 2015 annual meeting in San Francisco in June.
- Sun Peck was awarded a podium presentation at the 2015 World Symposium on Lysosomal Diseases in Orlando, Florida.
- Congratulations to Sun Peck for winning a poster prize at PCMD day.
- Sun Peck was selected as a finalist for the Brody Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Paper accepted for publication: Gorth DG, Martin JT, Dodge GR, Malhotra NR, Elliott DM, Mauck RL, Smith LJ. (2014) "In Vivo Retention and Bioactivity of IL-1ra Microspheres in the Rat Caudal Intervertebral Disc: A Preliminary Investigation." Journal of Experimental Orthopaedics.
- Sun Peck, Sarah Gullbrand, and Katherine Lothstein had their abstracts accepted for poster presentations at the 2015 ORS conference in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Congratulations to Sun Peck for winning a podium prize for her presentation at the Philadelphia Spine Symposium.
- Congratulations to Sun Peck and Sarah Gullbrand for having their abstracts accepted for a podium presentation at the Philadelphia Spine Symposium.
- Congratulations to Katherine Lothstein for having her abstract accepted for a poster presentation at the Philadelphia Spine Symposium.
- Welcome the new Orthopaedic Post Doc Sarah Gullbrand.