Graduate Student in Bioengineering
University of Pennsylvania
Hometown: Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
Education: B.S. Biomedical Engineering, 2013, Tufts University
Areas of Interest: The healing mechanisms and treatment of sports-related injuries including rotator cuff tears and Achilles tendon ruptures.
- Freedman BR, Gordon JA, Bhatt PB, Pardes AM, Thomas SJ, Sarver JJ, Riggin CN, Tucker JJ, Williams AW, Zanes RC, Hast, MW, Farber DC, Silbernagel KG, Soslowsky LJ. Nonsurgical treatment and early return to activity leads to improved Achilles tendon fatigue mechanics and functional outcomes during early healing in an animal model. Journal of Orthopaedic research, 2016. (in press)
Pardes AM, Freedman BR, Fryhofer G, Salka NS, Bhatt PR, Soslowsky LJ. Males have Inferior Achilles Tendon Material Properties Compared to Females in a Rodent Model. Annals of Biomedical Engineering, April 2016.
Pardes AM, Freedman BR, Soslowsky LJ. Ground reaction forces are more sensitive gait measures than temporal parameters in rodents following rotator cuff injury. J Biomechanics, December 2015.
- Pardes AM, Rodriguez AB, Freedman BR, Fryhofer GW, Soslowsky LJ. Role of Aging on Ankle Function and Achilles Tendon Mechanical Properties in a Rat Model. Musculoskeletal Biology & Bioengineering GRC, Andover, NH, 2016.
- Pardes AM, Freedman BR, Fryhofer GW, Salka NS, Bhatt PB, Soslowsky LJ. Sex Differences Are Present in Uninjured Achilles Tendon and Muscle. Orthopaedic Research Society Annual Meeting 2016 (podium).
- Fryhofer GW, Freedman BR, Pardes AM, Hillin CD, Soslowsky LJ. Biomechanical Assessment of Achilles Tendon Healing Across Sexes. ACTS, Washington, DC, 2016.
- Freedman BR, Morris TM, Salka NS, Gordon JA, Pardes AM, Riggin CN, Nuss CA, Tucker JJ, Bhatt PR, Fryhofer GW, Farber DC, Soslowsky LJ. Temporal Healing Response of Achilles Tendons in Rodents Following Injury Depends on Surgical Treatment and Return to Activity Time. SB3C, National Harbor, MD, 2016.
- Fryhofer GW, Freedman BR, Pardes AM, Hillin CD, Soslowsky LJ. Sex Differences in Achilles Tendon Properties Three Weeks After Injury in Rats. SB3C, National Harbor, MD, 2016.
- Robinson KA, Pardes AM, Freedman BR, Soslowsky LJ. Uninjured Supraspinatus Tendons In Rodents Do Not Exhibit Different Material Properties Across Sex. SB3C, National Harbor, MD, 2016.
- Pardes AM, Freedman BR, Soslowsky LJ. Ground Reaction Forces Are More Sensitive Gait Measures Than Temporal Parameters in Rodents Following Rotator Cuff Injury. Orthopaedic Research Society Annual Meeting 2016 (poster).
- Huegel J, Kim DH, Cirone JM, Pardes AM, Morris TR, Nuss CA, Mauck RL, Soslowsky LJ, Kuntz AF. Effects of Autologous Tenocyte-Seeded Nanofibrous Scaffolds in Rotator Cuff Repair are Age-Dependent. Orthopaedic Research Society Annual Meeting 2016 (podium).
- Freedman BR, Gordon JA, Thomas ST, Bhatt PB, Riggin CN, Sarver JJ, Tucker JJ, Zanes B, Pardes AM, Lee DY, Hast MW, Soslowsky LJ. Multidisciplinary evaluation of treatments for Achilles tendon ruptures during early healing in an animal model. Orthopaedic Research Society Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV, 2015 (poster).
- Riggin CN, Khoury V, Gordon JA, Schultz SM, Pardes AM, Sehgal CM, Soslowsky LJ. Ultrasound-Guided Dry Needling on Healthy Rat Supraspinatus Tendon. International Symposium on Ligaments and Tendons, Las Vegas, NV, 2015 (podium).
- InSITE Leadership Development Program Fellow (2015)
- National Institute of Health Diversity Supplement Grant Recipient (2015)
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Honorable Mention (2014)
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honors Society Member (2011)
- Tufts Summer Scholars Fellowship Recipient (2011)
Adam joined the McKay Orthopaedic Research Laboratory in the fall of 2013 and is currently working toward completion of his graduate studies in the Department of Bioengineering. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with family, watching sports, cooking, and exploring the world of craft beer.