|Table of Contents>Transferring Grants|
· To establish a process to enable grants managers to transfer
research funds from one department to another
Transfers of funds generally occur when a principal investigator (PI) moves from one department to another or where there is a change of principal investigator. Refer to Change of PI SOP. When a Business Administrator (BA) learns that a PI will be transferring, the BA should contact the BA in the new department to discuss how the transition will be handled.
· Which funds will be transferred: are there funds that are expiring which should remain with the former department? For example, timing issues such as a project ending in two months, you may not want to transfer this fund.
· What is an appropriate timeframe for transferring funds: Should funds remain with the current department until the next budget period? For example, you do not want to transfer a fund with one month remaining in the project period due to time needed to process these requests (i.e. continuation year of same project)
· Once the above is determined, the responsibility of the current department includes:
· Once the above has been completed, the responsibility of the new department includes:
FORMS AND ATTACHMENTS