Home » Leica DMIRBE (inverted) FRET/fluorescence/DIC microscope (Freedman)
Leica DMIRBE (inverted) FRET/fluorescence/DIC microscope (Freedman)
Leica DMIRBE (inverted) FRET/fluorescence/DIC microscope (Freedman) - allows single cell ratiometric measurements of cytoplasmic (Fura-2) and ER calcium (FRET). Can analyze protein-protein interactions by FRET. Attached UV flash lamp allows photo-activation of IP3 to study signal transduction mechanisms in single cells.
Scope location: 389 Old Vet Bldg., 3800 Spruce St.
Contact: Bruce Freedman, 215-573-8218, email@example.com
- Leica inverted DMIRBE stand
- Fluorescence and DIC capability
- Plan APO, 100X 1.4-0.7 NA, oil
- Plan APO, 63X 1.2 NA, water
- N Plan, 10X, 0.25 NA, dry
- HCX Plan Fluotar, 40X, 0.75 NA, dry
- PLAN Fluotar, 40X, 1.0-0.5 NA, oil
- Olympus UApo/340, 40X, 1.35 NA, oil (for photo-uncaging).
- Excitation and Emission computer controlled filter wheels allow emission and excitation ratiometric measurements of cytoplasmic and ER calcium.
- Widefield FRET (CFP/YFP) capability
- Fluorescence light source: Mercury Arc lamp
- Picospritzer/microinjections system for microapplication of reagents onto or into single cells
- RAPP UV flash lamp – can photo-activate caged compounds in single cells
- Hamamatsu Orca ER camera
- Acquisition Software: Metamorph/Metafluor
- Motorized z-focus
- Equipped with patch clamp to record ion channel activity
- Open chamber heated stage