Penn Language Link
What is Penn Language Link?
- Penn Language Link is an organization of medical, nursing, and pre-health students that provides volunteer interpretation services in the greater Philadelphia area.
- Interpreters facilitate effective patient-caregiver communication by providing complete and accurate interpretations.
- All Penn Language Link interpreters are trained and formally certified by the state of Pennsylvania.
- Penn Language Link interpreters:
- provide accurate interpretation;
- arrive promptly and present professionally;
- respect patients and clinicians at all times;
- maintain sensitivity for "delicate" clinical situations;
- maintain confidentiality and current HIPAA certification.
- Currently, Penn Language Link has certified interpreters in Spanish, French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Arabic, Russian, and Vietnamese.
Need an interpreter?