Evolving Health Care through Information Technology
At Penn Medicine, Information Technology professionals are creating The Future of Medicine® by supporting our organization's tripartite mission of Patient Care, Teaching & Research. From campus expansions to new mobile apps to medical genomics, our teams are at the cutting edge of medicine. We are a world-class academic medical center and research institution where collaboration and innovation happen every day. Hospitals and Health Networks named us a "Most Wired" health system. Information Week has consistently recognized us as a leader in technology innovation.
Penn Medicine's support of world-class research activities targeted to providing cures and therapies to the many diseases that face humankind. As a top recipient of National Institutes of Health (NIH) grants, information technology has become critical to the support of these activities.
- Click on http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/employment-opportunities/other-opportunities/information-services/
- Click on «Search for Information Services (IS) Jobs»
- Answer the «Are you currently employed by Penn Medicine?» question.
- Enter one of the id numbers below in the «Search by Job ID» field.
Associate Web Developer / Web Developer / Senior Web Developer SOM (School of Medicine)
- Work closely with your scrum team to plan and build scalable, maintainable web
- Aid in planning future infrastructure requirements for the PMACS development team
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Classroom or work experience with a modern relational database
- Classroom or work experience with multi-tiered web application development (preferably a scripting language like Ruby or PHP)
- Knowledge of academic environments and processes
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with open source projects
Senior Web Designer (School of Medicine), #51027
This position will focus on the technical aspects of web design and coding, working with the team to establish best practices and standards for the development of websites under our content management system, MODX. This position will also work with the team to recommend front-end technical solutions and tools to solve client needs. To learn more about the PMACS Web Design Team, see their site.
Summary of Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the development of web sites for client groups including:
- Mockup design / refinement
- Web coding
- Requirements gathering, analysis and synthesis
- Designs layouts within organizational standards utilizing primarily web-based and secondarily desktop publishing technologies.
- Works closely with clients to understand the needs of the audience and the nature and function of material to be published.
- Facilitates and assists clients with problem analysis and resolution.
- Converts and maintains sites within a content management system.
- Documentation and problem solving.
- Works closely with programmers to incorporate or contribute to significant application development projects, including:
- User interface design
- HTML / CSS coding
Minimum Certifications, Registry and/or Licenses Required: N/A
Degree Requirements and Minimum Experience Required:
- BA/BS in Graphic Arts or Web-related area (individuals without a BA/BS degree may be considered with equivalent education/work experience);
- Proficiency in graphic design
- Proficiency in the development of standards-compliant HTML and CSS code
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Illustrator or equivalent tools
- Strong understanding of web development standards and tools, including code validation tools
- Understanding of SEO (search engine optimization) tools
- Experience in web data usage tools and analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience taking initiative and working independently
- Experience working in teams
- Experience with multi-tasking and working effectively on multiple deadline-oriented projects
- Experience working on multiple tasks and levels simultaneously
- Experience working with MODX, Adobe Contribute, or another CMS (content management system)
- Experience mentoring, supervising or coaching staff
- Storyboarding experience for dynamic web applications
- Experience with designing for iOS and mobile applications
- Experience with video playback on the web
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Experience with usability testing
- Knowledge of UI (user interface) and UX (user experience) principles and techniques
Machines/Tools & Equipment:
- Adobe Dreamweaver, Contribute, and Photoshop
- Mac OSX
- Windows 7 (for browser testing)
- Some Unix (work-related commands relating to file editing, file transfer, versioning, and symbolic linking)
For more information, see the Penn Medicine Information Services Careers page.