Information Security Resources
What is Secure Share?
Secure share is a web-based application for secure file exchange available to Penn faculty and staff.
How Does It Work?
- Files are encrypted when they are uploaded, downloaded, and being stored
- E-mail notifications are sent to designated recipients when files become available
- Files are automatically deleted after they are retrieved by a designated recipient
- Files are automatically deleted if they are not retrieved within 30 days
What Are the Benefits of Using Secure Share?
- Secure and easy-to-use
- Reduces the University's exposure to data compromise issues, such as identity theft
- Protects confidential data in documents
- Eliminates the need for individual departments or Schools to develop in-house secure file exchange systems
How Do I Use Secure Share?
You will need a valid PennKey and PennKey Password in order to use this application.
To access the application, click the link below and authenticate with your PennKey and PennKey Password. After you authenticate, you will be redirected to the Secure Share Application.
Each year, Penn Information Security publishes a booklet containing useful, basic security information and recommendations.
For more security information, please visit the University's Computing Security site.