People are the most important element needed to achieve overall security at PSOM. Remember, security will not work without you. YOU are the key to security at PSOM. Please visit the User Responsibilities page for more information.
How Do I...
- Encrypt my computer
- Protect my laptop and report a lost or stolen device
- Protect my computer from malware
- Report an incident
- Securely transmit confidential information
- Prepare for travel to another country
- Dispose of Electronic Media
- Prevent Identity Theft
- Complete and submit a Data Use Agreement, (DUA), application
Security awareness tips offer information about relevant work and home related security issues.
It is important to keep an accurate inventory of applications, databases, and processes that use sensitive information. Identified systems should be assessed to determine security related vulnerabilities and identify safeguards that will need to be implemented to reduce risk to an acceptable level. The Security and Privacy Impact Assessment (SPIA) process will help to ensure that information is protected and used only for its intended purpose. Information Security will work with you to complete these assessments. Contact Dave Wargo, email@example.com for more information.
Critical systems, i.e. a server that stores sensitive information, should be scanned for vulnerabilities on a regular basis. Please register systems containing sensitive information in the critical host database. Registered systems will be scanned quarterly by ISC Security.
If you become aware of a breach of confidential data at PSOM, or of a security related issue involving PSOM computers or networking resources, contact the PSOM Information Security Office using one of the following methods:
- Submit a ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Dave Wargo, Information Security Officer, at 215.898.9678 or email@example.com
Topical security information:
- Printer Security, Fake Anti-Virus, Phishing Scams.
- Penn Computing Policies and Guidelines.
- Sensitive or Confidential Data.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .