General Program Goals
In addition to the purposes already stated, more specific yet general goals of this podiatric residency include:
- Prepare the podiatric surgeon for podiatric medical and surgical hospital practice with the emphasis for knowledge and skill to appropriately use other health professionals during the course of patient care.
- Provide the skills and knowledge in preparation for the requirements leading to the Diplomat status in the American Board of Podiatric Surgery.
- Provide intensive clinical and surgical education which will greatly expand upon the primary podiatric medical education for the purpose of pursuing a career in podiatric surgery.
- To develop the skills, knowledge and attitude which will prepare the resident to conduct future clinical research in both the university and community environment.
- To prepare each resident during the course of the academic post graduate years for accepting the responsibilities of the next year's curriculum and duties with eventual graduation from the residency program.