BPP Travel Award Program
We are delighted to annouce the establishment of the BPP Postdoc Travel Award Program. This award program is funded by contibutions from our Aetna health insurance cost savings and the office of Biomedical Postdoctoral Programs. All postdocs currently registered with BPP are eligible to apply for one travel award per calendar year. The maximum amount of each award will be $500. These funds are are intended to subsidize a portion of the costs associated with attending a meeting. Postdoc faculty mentors are expected to support these initiatives; therefore, requests for funds to cover the cost of attending a meeting that, in total, are $500 or less will not be considered. Below you will find the link to the BPP Travel Award Program application form. Complete applications should be submitted to the Office of Biomedical Postdoctoral Programs at least one month prior to the anticipated travel event.
Please download the pdf form with the most current form of your pdf reader in order to complete the form and submit all materials as a single pdf.
The full application consists of the following:
- Completed application
- A letter of support from your PI/mentor
- A copy of your abstract
submit your application to Mary Anne Timmins: email@example.com
- Participants must currently hold a postdoctoral appointment in one of the four participating schools or be currently registered with BPP through an affiliate group/institution.
- Participants must currently hold a postdoctoral appointment at the time of the application for the travel funds, during the travel period and upon return from the traveled destination.
- Participants must be a presenting attendee in order to be eligible for this award (poster presenter and/or platform presenter).
- Awards will be processed as reimbursements
Please email or call the postdoc office with any questions you may have about this application.