Travel Award Program
The BPP Travel Award Program was established in January of 2014. This award program is funded by contributions from our Aetna health insurance cost savings and the office of Biomedical Postdoctoral Programs. All postdocs currently registered with BPP are eligible to apply for one travel award per calendar year.
Postdoc faculty mentors are expected to financially support these initiatives; therefore, applications for funds to cover the cost of attending a meeting must include a financial commitment from the PI/mentor or department. Expenses for local meetings will not be considered for this award.
The BPP Travel Award will match travel expenses, up to $500, contributed by the PI/mentor, the training grant and/or the department to postdocs who are presenting their research at professional meetings.
Below you will find the link to the BPP Travel Award Program application form. Complete applications should be submitted to the Office of Biomedical Postdoctoral Programs at least one month prior to the anticipated travel event.
Please download the pdf form with the most current form of your pdf reader in order to complete the form and submit all materials as a single pdf.
The full application consists of the following:
- Completed application
- A letter of support from your PI/mentor
- A copy of your abstract
Submit your application to Mary Anne Timmins: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for Travel Award Application Form
- Participants must currently hold a postdoctoral appointment in one of the four participating schools or be currently registered with BPP through an affiliate group/institution.
- Participants must currently hold a postdoctoral appointment at the time of the application for the travel funds, during the travel period and upon return from the traveled destination.
- Participants must be a presenting attendee in order to be eligible for this award (poster presenter and/or platform presenter).
- Awards will be processed as reimbursements
Please email or call the postdoc office with any questions you may have about this application.
© The Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania | Site best viewed in a supported browser. | Site Design: PMACS Web Team.