How to Apply
Applications to the Psychiatry Residency Program are accepted through the ERAS online system.
A completed application consists of the following:
- On-line ERAS application (paper applications are not accepted)
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Minimum of three (3) letters of reference
- Dean's Letter & Transcript
- USMLE scores
Applications are accepted beginning September 1st through the ERAS on-line system.
The deadline for application submission is December 1st.
- We accept J1 and H1 visas
- A minimum standard of performance on the USMLE board examination
- For graduates of an international medical school we require 6 weeks clinical experience in the United States (note: this does not include observerships)
- Documentation of successful completion of 6 weeks clinical supervised work in a U.S. medical system
- Commitment to complete the entire training program
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and spoken English language
- Negative Drug Screen pre-employment as administered by the UPHS Drug Testing Program
- A maximum length of 5 years elapsed since the graduation from medical school
If you have any questions about our applying to the Psychiatry Residency at Penn, please contact Michele Cepparulo, Education Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org