How to Apply
Applications to the Psychiatry Residency Program are accepted through the ERAS online system.
A completed application consists of the following:
- On-line ERAS application (paper applications are not accepted)
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Minimum of three (3) letters of reference
- Dean's Letter & Transcript
- USMLE scores
Applications are accepted beginning September 1st through the ERAS on-line system.
The deadline for application submission is December 1st.
We encourage you to apply early. Interviews are by invitation only and most interviews will be granted by November 1st.
Interviews will be held on:
Friday, November 8, 2013
Friday, November 15, 2013 (local candidate interview day)
Friday, November 22, 2013
Friday, December 6, 2013
Friday, December 13, 2013
Friday, December 20, 2013
Friday, January 3, 2014
Friday, January 10, 2014
Friday, January 17, 2014
Friday, January 24, 2014
- We accept J1 and H1 visas
- A minimum standard of performance on the USMLE board examination
- For graduates of an international medical school we require 6 weeks clinical experience in the United States (note: this does not include observerships)
- Documentation of successful completion of 6 weeks clinical supervised work in a U.S. medical system
- Commitment to complete the entire training program
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and spoken English language
- Negative Drug Screen pre-employment as administered by the UPHS Drug Testing Program
- A maximum length of 5 years elapsed since the graduation from medical school
- The University of Pennsylvania Health System (UPHS) is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for its employees, visitors and patients. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, UPHS will no longer hire tobacco users effective July 1, 2013. Click to view Tobacco Free Hiring Policy.
- Act 73 is a Pennsylvania State Law, which was enacted in July of 2008. It requires employers who have staff who may provide clinical services to a child to complete a Pennsylvania State Criminal History check, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance and an FBI Criminal Background Check through fingerprinting.
If you have any questions about our applying to the Psychiatry Residency at Penn, please contact Michele Cepparulo, Education Administrator at email@example.com