Environmental Health Competencies
- Demonstrate mastery in the science and methods of population health research to assess, describe, analyze, and evaluate determinants of health.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills to collect, measure, evaluate , anticipate and control exposure to health hazards.
- Employ critical thinking and appraisal of the literature to explain the environmental influences on determinants of health.
- Apply community development and program planning skills to create effective and culturally relevant communication strategies and interventions to promote health.
- Apply knowledge of health law, standards, and regulations to control or prevent toxic exposure conditions and protect vulnerable populations.
- Apply communication, agenda setting, program planning, data management, surveillance and reporting systems skills.
- Evaluate efficacy and cost effectiveness of public health interventions, programs, policies, and health care systems.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across cultures and national boundaries to create and support effective and sustainable health interventions.