- MPH student Amna Rizvi was recently featured in the CPHI newsletter and on Penn News today. Click here to read about how she developed her research interests.
- MPH Student Allison Kuntz was recently awarded a
Professional Student Research Grant by Penn's Graduate and Professional Student Assembly. The grant program is designed to recognize that a portion of a professional student's education is the knowledge gained and shared through research. Congratulations, Allison!
- MPH Students and Faculty attend the 2012 APHA Conference in San Francisco:
Read more here!
- New MD-MPH Scholarships Available. For more information about this exciting opportunity, click here.
- Alison Buttenheim PhD, MBA and MPH student Kathryn Volpicelli traveled to Arequipa, Peru to aid with the startup of three preliminary studies to increase uptake of oral rehydration therapy through a behavioral economic-mHealth intervention. In collaboration with Holly Martin MD and Ernesto Gozzer MD, these researchers hope to achieve the following aims: 1) To assess the availability, pricing, and promotion of ORS packets in retail outlets and clinical sites within of Arequipa, Peru; 2) To determine feasibility of an mHealth intervention for mothers of young children in the region, including cell phone coverage and availability of existing technology platforms; 3) To identify the salient behavioral, normative, and control beliefs about (1) the use of ORT to control diarrheal disease symptoms in children and (2) receiving health information via SMS-based messaging among mothers in the region. Data collection will continue throughout Summer and Fall 2012, with hopes that the results will support a larger NIH proposal.
- MPH Student Katie Murphy was recetly selected as a Greater Philadelphia Schweitzer Fellow. Read more about Katie and her work here.
- Recent MPH grads present posters at the College of Physicians' Public Health Poster Session.
- Congratulations to the MPH students who have completed their capstone presentations!
- MPH student Ethan Nguyen delivers an inspiring talk a TEDxPhilly and challenges you to mentor one young person this year. Click here to watch.
- Click here to watch CPHI Senior Fellow Giang Nguyen's video of Penn MPH students and faculty at the 2011 APHA conference:
- PPHS Philly Cares Day
Nishika Vidanage, Co-director of The Penn Public Health Society, the student government group of the MPH Program, organized twelve MPH students to participate in Philly Cares Day. The students painted the teen lounge at the United Communities of Southeast Philadelphia center on Saturday, October 22nd. Kudos to the students for giving their day to community service!
- The Philadelphia Inquirer - Daniel Rubin: Social network helps 'friends' become friends indeed, an article featuring public health certificate student Marion Leary and her new project to raise money for Philadelphia-area people who struggle with medical expenses.
- MPH students attend Emerging Leaders Global Summit in NYC:
The Summit was held in January and focused on developing the leadership skills of the next generation of women leaders.
- More news from The Center for Public Health Initiatives