The MPH program offers awards several scholarships for current MPH students each Spring. Most applications are due in March. Deadlines will be posted as they become available.
University of Pennsylvania MPH Scholarship Award
- The MPH Scholarship is designed to encourage and support outstanding students who seek advanced study in the field of public health practice and research. Several competitive scholarship awards in the form of tuition remission ranging from 1.0 cu to 4.0 cu are available each academic year. The scholarship applies to fall and spring terms only. Summer term is excluded.
- The MPH Program has new Penn Public Health Scholarships available on a competitive basis. In 2012-2013, each scholarship will covered 2 - 10 cu's of tuition. Applications for admission (including scholarships) are due by November 1st of the third year of medical school. Contact Dr. Rosemary Frasso (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
The Shiriki Kumanyika Award for Public Health Leadership
- This award is presented to a Penn MPH student each year in recognition of the personal commitment and innovative visioning that could result in a measurable difference in the field of public health. This individual has demonstrated the ability to inspire and motivate and improve the health and well being of others.
- 2013 Recipient: Gretchen Evans
The Nathanson Fellowship in Global Public Health
- 2013 Recipients: Dianna Burnett, Sean Hammer
The Marjorie A. Bowman Award for Undergraduate Public Health Service
- Deadline: Friday, May 9. Application
- This award is presented to a Penn undergraduate student each year in recognition of leadership, personal commitment to the field of public health and a plan for future work dedicated to improving the health and well being of underserved populations. This individual has demonstrated leadership in volunteer and/or service-based activities and holds great promise for graduate level training in public health.
- 2013 Recipient: Samuel Ware