Student Portal >
Clinical Attendance Policy
attendance policy - Modules 4 and 5
- Attendance during clinical rotations is mandatory.
- Attendance will be tracked by the assigned clinical team.
- Students must ask permission to be absent 8 weeks in advance with the exception of acute illness for the student or family member or death in the family.
- Examples of possible accepted reasons to miss clinical or didactic time are
- presentation of original work at national meetings
- family wedding or participation in a wedding party
- death in the family, personal or immediate family illness
- Examples of unacceptable absences include traveling to spend time with significant other or attending to elective doctor appointments
- Students must obtain permission from the appropriate clinical director prior to making travel plans.
- Students must include Anna Delaney in any communications to the clinical director regarding absence requests.
- Students should minimize any absence request to as few days as possible; it is not acceptable to book travel one or two days in advance of an event, thus missing more time from clinic.
- The clerkship director may require the student to make up missed time during the rotation.
- Any absences during the one week rotations must be approved in advance by and made up according to terms in agreement with the course director(s) prior to the start of Module 5.
- Repeated or habitual absences will be brought to the attention of Drs. Goldfarb and Morris, and may result in a meeting before Student Standards.