Programmer / Analyst
Department of Genetics
Perelman School of Medicine
University of Pennsylvania
422 Clinical Research Building
415 Curie Boulevard
Senior Programmer / Analyst (2011 – present)
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Built user-friendly computational pipelines to process population-level variation data to infer human evolutionary history and explore genetic architecture of complex traits.
- Designed and maintained MySQL databases that include millions of DNA sequencing records to assist with analysis of high throughput genomics datasets.
- Optimized DNA analysis algorithms in C and C++, improved code portability, scalability and maintainability.
Programmer / Analyst (2002 - 2011)
Center for Functional Neuroimaging, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Developed software package VoxBo (http://www.voxbo.org) in C, C++ and QT toolkit to process and display brain imaging data collected from Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanners.
- Converted imaging processing procedures from MATLAB to platform-independent C/C++ libraries.