A qualified research person welcoming challenging roles and positions in the life sciences industry, in research and development as well as commercial industry.
- Recent specializations are in the area of population genetic structure of yellow-bellied marmots in the central Rocky Mountain region of North America.
- Nested CLADE Analysis algorithms for population genetics study.
- Academic training in Population genetics (International post graduate level).
- Academic training in Biochemistry (post graduate level).
- Academic training in Zoology (graduate level).
- Teaching and assisting labs (graduate & undergraduate academics) of international standards.
- Information technology friendly with tools related to genetics.
- Information technology friendly with productivity tools & Internet technologies.
Master of Science in Biology (Genetics)
University of Central Oklahoma, 2006
Thesis topic: Population genetic structure of yellow-bellied marmots in the central Rocky Mountain region of North America
Master of Science In Biochemistry
Meenakshi College for Women, University of Madras, 2001
Thesis topic: Inborn errors of amino acid metabolism
Bachelor of Science in Zoology
Ethiraj College for Women, University of Madras, 1999
Network-Centered Computing, National Institute of information Technology, 1997
Research/Lab Technician, Medical Genetics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, February 2009 – present
Business analyst, Life Science Vertical, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Chennai, India, January 2007 – January 2008
Adjunct faculty, Department of Biology, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, Oklahoma, August 2005 – August 2006
Courses taught: General Biology Laboratory (Areas covered include Plant Biology, Animal Biology, Genetics and Cell Biology)
Instructor, Universal Concept of Mental Arithmetic System (UCMAS) August 2001 – June 2003
The concept involves Chinese system of mathematics using Abacus.
Research Technician: February 2009 – Present: Database maintenance of DNA samples, performing PCR, sequencing, spectrophotometry, preparing reagents and assisting post doctorates.
Teaching assistant: August 2003 – May 2005: Graduate Teaching Assistant, Microbiology Laboratory, General Biology Laboratory, University of Central Oklahoma.
Project trainee: September 2000 – February 2001: Lab experience in the Biochemistry Department at Apollo Hospital Chennai, India.
M.S. Project in “Inborn errors of aminoacid metabolism” (Sept 2000 – Feb 2001). Samples tested for phenylketonuria, aminoaciduria, and tyrosinosis. Results confirmed by chromatography.
B.S. in “Mendelian probability” Nov 1998 – Feb 1999. Worked on experiments involving monohybrid, dihybrid and back cross.
Gregory M. Wilson, Jill Hesse, Linda Luna, Kevin Pargeter, Amie Spears, Rebekah Stroope, Prianka Rajan. (2005) Intraspecific phylogeography of yellow-bellied marmots, Southwestern Association of Naturalists, Huntsville, Texas, Apr, 2005. Poster presentation
Gregory M. Wilson, Jill Hesse, Linda Luna, Kevin Pargeter, Amie Spears, and Rebekah Stroope, Prianka Rajan. (2005) Intraspecific phylogeography of yellow-bellied marmots, Research Day held at University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond Oklahoma. Nov, 2004. Poster presentation
Ravichandran. S, Rajan, Prianka (2000) Transcutaneous uptake of drugs. Computerized automated drug delivery system (CADDS), International Biomedical Conference, Mandarin, Singapore (Dec 2000) Poster presentation.
- Urine tests
- Blood tests (cholesterol, blood sugar etc)
- Specific tests
- Polymerase chain reactions (PCR)
- Gel electrophoresis
- DNA Sequencing
- RNA extraction
- Microsoft Office
- Sybase, UNIX and C++
- PAUP – Phlyogenetic Analysis Using Parsimony
- ARLEQUIN Version 6.0
Awards and Recognition
- Best Speaker Award - Cancer awareness program in the new millennium (Dec, 2000)
“Will the incidence of cancer increase or decrease in the new millennium” University of Madras, Chennai, India.
- Best Speaker Award - Merits and Demerits of Gene therapy (Oct, 1998), University of Madras, Chennai, India.
- Best Speaker Award - Bionniuim, (Feb, 2001) “Effects of Transplantations”, SRM College of Arts and Science, Chennai, India.
- Active member - Enivironmental conservation and protection Services, Jan1999, University of Madras, Chennai, India.
- First place - Intercollegiate Quiz in Zoology, Fauna, 1998, Ethiraj college for Women, University of Madras, Chennai, India.
- Second place- Sales appeal (CHIP-IN ‘96), Department of Zoology and Computer Science, Ethiraj College for Women, University of Madras, Chennai, India.