Nicotine Research Studies
Healthy men and women who smoke at least 1 pack of cigarettes per day are needed to participate in paid brain imaging studies. While you do not have to be ready to quit smoking to participate in these studies, information on how to quit will be provided. The purpose of these studies is to learn more about the effects of nicotine on brain chemicals and how they may differ between men and women.
You may qualify for this study if you:
- Are between the ages of 18-50
- Are in good physical health
- Do not use illicit drugs
- Do not drink more than 2 alcoholic beverages per day
- Do not take hormonal contraceptives (women only)
- Do not take any medications for depression, anxiety, or other mental health problems
- Do not have any metallic implants in your body (this includes dental braces, shrapnel, rods etc.)
All participants will be compensated for their time. Women who are willing to try and quit smoking for up to 2 weeks will receive additional financial compensation.
If you meet these criteria, please call Claudia for more information: 215-41-STUDY