Publications and Completed Projects
If you cannot access the publications below and are unable to request access through your institution, please email Holly Fernandez Lynch to receive a PDF.
- Fernandez Lynch H, Nicholls S, Meyer MN, Taylor HA (on behalf of the Consortium to Advance Effective Research Ethics Oversight). Of parachutes and participant protection: Moving beyond quality to advance effective research ethics oversight. J Emp Res Hum Res Ethics. 2019;14(3):190-96.
- Fernandez Lynch H, Abdirisak M, Bogia M, Clapp J. Evaluating the quality of research ethics review and oversight: A systematic analysis of quality assessment instruments. AJOB Empirical Bioethics. 2020;11(4):208-222.
- Hurley EA, Taylor HA, Kornetsky S, Singleton MK. AEREO member approaches to the common rule's key information requirement. 2020;online resource.
- Taylor HA, Serpico S, Fernandez Lynch H, Baumann J, Anderson EE. A Snapshot of U.S. IRB Review of COVID-19 Research in the Early Pandemic. J Clin & Trans Sci. 2021;online pre-proof.
- Seykora A, Coleman C, Rosenfeld SJ, Bierer BE, Fernandez Lynch H. Steps toward a system of IRB precedent: Piloting approaches to summarizing IRB decisions for future use. Ethics & Human Research. 2021;online first.
- Fernandez Lynch H, Eriksen W, Clapp JT. “We measure what we can measure”: Struggles in defining and evaluating institutional review board quality. Social Science & Medicine. 2022;292:114614.
- Serpico K, Rahimzadeh V, Anderson EE, Gelinas L, Fernandez Lynch H. Institutional review board use of outside experts: What do we know? Ethics & Human Research. 2021;in press.