BPC - Biomedical Postdoctoral Council
The University of Pennsylvania Biomedical Postdoctoral Council (BPC) is a volunteer organization run by and for postdoctoral scholars. The BPC was founded in 2000, and we were one of the first postdoctoral associations in the USA. We represent almost 1,000 biomedical postdoctoral appointees from the Perelman School of Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, School of Dental Medicine, School of Nursing, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute, The Wistar Institute and Monell Chemical Senses Center. We also welcome the involvement of postdocs from the School of Arts & Sciences and School of Engineering and Applied Science.
The BPC seeks to foster a sense of community, provide resources for career and personal development, and provide a framework for representation on campus and in the local community for postdoctoral scholars. We also work closely with the office of Biomedical Postdoctoral Programs (BPP), which is responsible for providing postdoctoral training at Penn.
What we do
- Annual Biomedical Postdoctoral Research Symposium
- BPC Newsletter - quarterly updates and articles
- Career enhancement and training - seminars and workshops in addition to those offered by BPP
- Community service - blood drives and volunteering
- Co-sponsored events with the Biomedical Graduate Student Association
- Diversity – advocacy, information and resources for postdoc inclusion
- Environmental action – advocacy and awareness
- Foreign nationals - advocacy, information and welcome sessions
- Fundraising - biannual vendor presentations
- Postdoc Editors Association – free manuscript and thesis editing service
- Representation at National Postdoctoral Association meetings
- Representation on the Biomedical Postdoctoral Advisory committee
- Seminars on a wide range of topics
- Social and sporting events
Join the Council!
New, enthusiastic volunteers are always welcome to serve as council members, committee members, or to help organize events. As a council member, you have the opportunity to form and change postdoctoral policies, gain career-enhancing skills and build an invaluable network of peers.
The BPC holds meetings at 5pm on the first working Monday of every month in Stellar Chance 104, which are open to all postdocs.
Join us for the next Professional Styling Workshop & Ultimate Shopping Party for Postdocs with Mindy Solkin! Availa… https://t.co/pS13BsjPpd
UPenn BPC 1 day, 2 hours ago
Postdocs! You could benefit by joining the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA)! Signing up is simple (and free)… https://t.co/MYriSsCGce
UPenn BPC 1 day, 6 hours ago
BPP Responsible Conduct of Research: Collaborations and team science Monday, March 9, 2020 10:00 AM-11:30 AM Biomed… https://t.co/vPisIfyr2p
UPenn BPC 2 days, 6 hours ago